The KNUST Obuasi campus within the past two months has seen series of changes with regards to infrastructural developments, which would improve the teaching, learning and living conditions of students. Some of these developments include:
- The school has renovated the OSC auditorium ( the room painted, the fans and AC fixed, washrooms and the stage in focus)
- OSC 2 is now fully airconditioned, with 3 grand air conditioners fixed.
- The Wifi connectivity has been extended to OSC, Hanger Area and Safari area( nursing and midwifery block)
- Two canteens under construction.
- One extra auditorium under renovation.
- 11 more classrooms are expected to be renovated
- Three new offices were designated for the exams officer, the Peer counseling coordinator for Obuasi and the the Nursing and Midwifery Coordinator.
- 40 solar lamps have been installed on campus.
- Experts from Kumasi would be installing CCTV cameras.
The school would be receiving two renovated buses from Kumasi for shuttles. One takes 154 passengers and the other is a coaster.
- The School has been given clearance by government to recruit 15 resident lecturers 3 have reported so far.
- We have 17 teaching assistants for Business school, Engineering, Nursing, Medilab, Midwifery, Environmental science.
Meanwhile, aside from the infrastructural development on the campus by the administration and the university’s management, Obuasi campus now has a Board headed by the Pro vice chancellor.